kind of rain, we're talking serious, nonstop rainy kind of
day. If you have an adventurous friend like I do......
you jump in her car and she takes you shopping and out to lunch!!
Carol wanted to take me to some of her favorite stores in Brevard
that she thought I would really like. And she was right. I
loved them all.
First stop- Highland Books
A great little independent book seller .
I love books, remember? So this was heaven for me.
They also had a section of free trade gift items from Ten Thousand
Villages. I thought these scarfs were beautiful.
They had an awesome selection of journals. I had been thinking
about getting a small journal that I would use between now and
Easter. I am calling it my "in the spirit of Lent" journal.
As Mormons, we don't observe Lent. But as I understand the
purpose of Lent - a time to focus more intently on your spirituality
and your discipleship in preparation for the holiday of Easter - it
is something that I am interested in. Anything that helps
me be closer to my Savior is a good thing. I wanted to record
my experience with this and I found a beautiful journal. Actually,
Carol found it first. We both ended up getting one.
I loved this section and thought I had escaped the temptation to
buy something, but on the bargain table I ran across this and
had to have it.
An amazing cookbook on Italian food. Yeah, I need another
cookbook like I need a hole in my head, but it is so great and
it was on sale!!! And I have been cleaning out bookcases, so I
had a little room.....
I think I did well. I made it out of that bookstore with one
cookbook and one journal.
Next stop- Continental Divide
This is a most unusual and delightful store. Carol has a
wonderful globe in her house and this is where she purchased
it. One of these days, I'm going to get one myself.
It was fun to look around and wish.
I fell in love with this little rocking drummer boy.
You would have to see it moving to really appreciate it.
So many neat things to look at. They had some amazing chess
sets and all kinds of timepieces, compasses and other unusual
things.
I got some good gift ideas for my husband for upcoming occasions.
(Don't worry, honey, it's not one of these clocks.)
Next stop was lunch at a great little restaurant on Main Street.
The Highland Grill (not positive that was the name.)
The food was good. It was a soup and sandwich kind of day.
Last stop- The Proper Pot
A specialty foods and cooking supplies store. We nibbled on
the samples - it was our dessert.
My inner compass led me right to this selection of baking
chocolate.
Pretty bakeware and colorful aprons
and gadgets galore!
A fun, fun place for a foodie person like me to hang out.
And to think, I was going to stay home and clean out closets today.
Thanks Carol for a great day that was so much more fun.
* Goal #3 - Do something fun with a friend each month.
Shopping in the rain beats cleaning closets any day... especially with a friend. Sounds like a great day. Glad you had a nice time. I can't wait to look through your new cookbook. I have that same problem you do with cookbooks. Love you!
ReplyDelete