ready for a little break. I got up early, worked hard getting
my chores done and took off to play for the afternoon.
First, I went to the gardening supply store and loaded up on
goodies for my garden,
Then I headed to Pisgah Forest for a little hike and picnic. It was 75 degrees and I wanted to be outside.
I stopped at Poppies before I headed into the forest and grabbed
a bag lunch. I love this place - they have great food.
I decided to hike an easy trail that is located at the entrance of Pisgah.
It is also a bike trail. Nice and level - just the way I like it.
I'll have to bring my bike over another day.
The Estatoe trail winds along beside the Davidson river.
Today I was out for a stroll, taking my time and snapping pictures
of interesting things I saw along the way.
I found a spot on the bank of the river and had a delicious picnic. This is the view that I enjoyed as I ate.
And my lunch was delicious. I highly recommend Poppies tuna
salad sandwich. The tuna salad has capers in it and I dearly love capers.
A little havarti dill cheese and lemon aioli on thick slices of
multigrain bread.....oh man, good stuff!
After a lunch like this,
I should have taken another hike, but instead I stretched out on the leaves,
closed my eyes, listened to the sound of the water and took a little nap.
After all, it was Friday and I was in the mood for some relaxation.
After all, it was Friday and I was in the mood for some relaxation.
Ahh, heavenly!
* Goal #1 - Take 50 hikes.
Goal # 26 - Improve my photography skills.
* Goal #1 - Take 50 hikes.
Goal # 26 - Improve my photography skills.
Sounds like a nice way to spend the day. Glad you could get out and enjoy!
ReplyDelete