Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"The Great Pumpkin" Recipe #1 - Pumpkin Waffles

It's pumpkin time!!!!  Yep, I'm super excited about it. 

I brought these pumpkins,(plus a bunch more), home from my 
friend Tara's pumpkin patch.  That girl can grow anything! 
Aren't they beautiful?  Pumpkins on my porch, means it's time to
have pumpkin "everything" in my kitchen.  I have so many 
wonderful pumpkin recipes and lots of new ones I'm eager to try. 
On the first day of October, I shuffled through my recipes, hunting
for Pumpkin Waffles. It was cool outside, we had a fire in the 
fireplace and I could almost taste them before I even had them made. 
Oh, I do love these waffles. This is a yummy way to start the day! 

I'll be posting a number of pumpkin recipes this fall and I can't think
of a better one to start with than this one.
Try it.  I can almost guarantee you're gonna love it!
Oh, and if you have a favorite pumpkin recipe, please share...I am of 
the opinion that you can never have too many pumpkin delights.

Melissa's Pumpkin Waffles
Start out with 4 cups unbleached, plain flour in a large bowl.
Add 1/2 cup sugar,
2 T. baking powder,
2 t. cinnamon and 1 t. salt.  Whisk all together.
In separate bowl, whisk 4 eggs.
Then add 3 cups milk ( I had a little half and half I needed to use up, so 
I added it to regular milk to make 3 cups).
Melt 1 stick butter and when it has cooled a little, add it 
to bowl with milk and eggs.
Add 1 cup canned pumpkin to wet ingredients and whisk all together.
Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Pour batter into waffle iron and wait for the magic to happen.
These waffles are sooooo good.  Crispy on the outside and soft and
tender on the inside.....
Served up with some thick cut bacon and real maple syrup....it doesn't 
get much better than this on a cool, fall morning.
As a bonus, your house will smell divine as you start out your day
and depending on the size of your family, you might have some
extra waffles to put in the freezer for another day. 
Eggo waffles can only dream of being this good.
Enjoy!

* Autumn Goals - Make lots of "pumpkiny" recipes.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I asked PJ if he would like Pumpkin Waffles and he said "Pumpkin waffles? Yah that sounds great!" I like to make Pumpkin and chocolate chip muffins with dark dark chocolate. The recipe is like a usual mix for muffins (flour, eggs, oil..) with pumpkin, all spics, cinnamon, and nutmeg and cook! If you want the full recipe I would be glad to send it to you, I guess I just assume you're a master baker. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness... I love this recipe. I make pancakes from it and they are so good. Do you have my pumpkin cake (with cream cheese icing) recipe??? Let me know, I'm happy to share if you don't. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! Those sound delicious - I will put those on the menu for the waffle party, traditionally held the day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete