Welcome Ladies!
Check her out!! This is one of fifteen new hens that have come tolive on our farm. This is what she looked like six months ago.
Amazing, huh?
All grown up and ready to lay eggs. I'm getting about a dozen a day.
They are small right now, but they will get bigger.
Anyone interested in fresh eggs? I will have plenty.
Rhode Island Reds are beautiful chickens.
And these are friendly too. They were raised in a very nurturing
environment. Tara loved on them all the time. Whenever I let them
out of their coop in the morning, they are all over me.
Getting Ready for Winter
This wood splitter fascinated me.
Thanks to Jantzen and Chayce for a hard day's work.
I'm excited to have a nice big wood pile for the winter.
We have a few other things on the "getting ready for winter" list:
* Clean out the rest of the garden area.
* Mulch the asparagus.
* Prepare the bees for cold weather.
* Clean out the gutters.
* Cut back the summer flowers and mulch.
* Plant garlic.
* Clean all the gardening tools and store for winter.
* Plant fall bulbs.
Yeah, we'll be busy for the next month.....or so.
I love it!!! Remember the wood splitting that used to happen at Nana's on Thanksgiving???
ReplyDeleteYour ladies are beautiful! Wish I was close enough for eggs.
We have a wood splitter too. Dan and "the boys" used to make an assembly line and fill our wood shed for the winter. Dan sure missed the boys!!
ReplyDelete