Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Walk in the Woods

I'm standing in one of the prettiest places on earth.  And I'm breathing in the
smell of the woods, and snapping pictures like crazy.  I looked up and took
this one.  If only I could hold onto October and enjoy it for a month or so.
How awesome would that be?
Moore Cove is one of my favorite hikes in Pisgah Forest.  It
has been under renovation and closed for weeks.  They opened it
up for the weekend, and I grabbed a few of my favorite hiking buddies
and headed to the mountains.
Kelly and Abby thought it was cool that the trail was named after them. :)
I never tire of watching children explore the great outdoors.  They
are fascinated by every little thing and it helps me to have a greater
appreciation for the beauties of nature as well.
Here we go...
Each new found treasure found it's way in my backpack with the 
request, "sister wray, will you keep this for me?", rocks..leaves...sticks...
luckily, no centipede this time.
A beautiful waterfall and lots of rocks for climbing and sliding...





I don't know...do you think they're having fun?




Oh yeah...I'm blessed in a big way.  A perfect October day to walk
in the woods, beautiful colors and scenery in every direction and two
adorable little girls to enjoy it all with!  
The picnic lunch was pretty good too.

*MYOF Goal #1- Take 50 hikes.

1 comment:

  1. How precious. I love these girls. The hike looks awesome. I was amazed at the color of the sky in those first few pictures. WOW!

    ReplyDelete