past few months. Since two of the three band members are my sons,
they have called our home "base camp" as they've worked and toured
in the area. We've enjoyed having them here.
I've had a "behind the scenes" tour of what it's like being
a part of this band. And these are my observations:
* They work at night and sleep during the day (well,not all day).
* They are always humming or strumming something.
* They spend a lot of time on the computer, networking and booking shows.
* They shut themselves up in a room for a few hours and reappear with
a new song, which they've just written. That totally amazes me!
* They eat a lot of sandwiches. As long as I kept them supplied with
sandwich meat, cheese and chips they were perfectly happy.
* They also like hot pickles and cholula sauce on most everything.
* Our barn rocks when they are here. (this is where they practiced)
* They spend a lot of time working on instruments, cleaning
and restringing.
* They drink Emergen-C almost daily, trying to stay well.
* They genuinely enjoy being together, which I think is wonderful,
because they rarely get a break from each other. All that riding
and living in close quarters....
* They spend many hours in the xterra, driving to shows.
* They have mastered loading and unloading the trailer in record time.
(especially when they are playing venues in cities with no close parking)
* Listening to their CD is great, but watching them play is a foot stomping,
hand clapping good time!
* All the work is worth it, when they hit the stage and start to play.
Of course, good tips help too.
And it's a bonus to have some familiar faces in the crowd.
Thanks guys, for your support!
I'm not sure but what I liked the "living room" shows the best. This
one was especially for Sister Mischenko and Sister Ballard (both of
these dear ladies taught Dillon and Jantzen at church over the years),
and for Abby and Kelly- two of their youngest fans.
Here's one song(actually, it's only part of the song... not sure what I was
doing to miss the rest of it) from this living room show. Sorry about the
horrible lighting....but you can still get the idea. Be sure and notice the little
dancer in the middle of the song. So cute!!
Well, the house is quiet again and ONS is back in Colorado.
We loved being a part of the Long Road Home tour and look
forward to seeing them again over the holidays and hopefully
hearing some new music. I'm so proud of my boys....love you guys!!!
We are proud of them too.... love the show in Greensboro at the Green Bean (where there was no parking), love the CD that I have and can't wait till I get the new one! Love you boys!!!
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed their album. I really want to attend a show the next time they are back in the area. August was crammed packed for us and I hate we missed them. They still have a special place in my heart after all these years.
ReplyDelete