Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Get Ready...Get Set....Go!

Get Ready...
It's finally time to get serious about this
trip to the Holy Land.  I've been thinking
about it for over a year and trying to prepare
myself for this once in a lifetime experience.
 
The logistics of being gone for fifteen days, and
all the "have to do's before I leave" have about
killed me off.  As soon as I got one list completed, 
I had to start another one.  I need to get on 
the plane and take a deep breath......
 and let the vacation begin!
Lots of reading.....flight itineraries (that changed a 
couple of times), quick reading up on Judaism and
the culture I'm entering, learning about shekels ( a
shekel is worth $. 28.), and reading about the
day to day plans of the trip.  Here's a few things
 I will see and do while I'm gone:

Caesarea and Galilee
 the Mediterranean Sea
Journey to Nazareth
Mt. Tabor
Mt. of Beatitudes
Jerusalem
Bethlehem
Mount of Olives
BYU Jerusalem Center
Qumran Caves (Dead Sea Scrolls)
Followed by three days of Pyramid hopping in Egypt

Just writing this has me so excited I can hardly stand it!!!
Get Set....
What to wear?  Pack light.  It's fall here, but
it will be much warmer there.
So....lots of layers sounds right.  And then there's the
 shoes issue. Which shoes will be the most comfortable and 
still look ok with my outfits?  I've switched back and
forth so many times and I'm still a little worried about 
it.  I've packed moleskin and lots of bandaids, in case
I end up with blisters from all the walking. (oh,
please don't let me get blisters!)
Mark and I, trying to set up Skype, so we will
be able to talk to each other while I'm gone.
This was kind of fun.
I have a new carry on bag that I'm in love 
with.  So many little pockets and sections
for organizing all my goodies.  (One of those
candy bars is for my sister. :)
Go!!!
And I'm out the door.  See you in a few
weeks.  I might be able to blog while
I'm gone...but if not, I'll have much to
talk about when I get home.

Yippeeeeeee!!!!!  I'm really excited!
Can you tell?

*MYOF Goal #25 - Travel to Israel.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited beyond words. I'm heading out now.... See you at the airport in Charlotte. I packed a candy bar for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Take (and share) lots and lots of pictures. Living vicariously through you on this one!

    ReplyDelete