On Wednesday evening, I participated in a New Beginnings
program that was planned by our Young Women's Presidency - a truly
great group of women. I feel privileged to work with them.
The cutie on the right is our Laurel president - she will make a
fine Young Women's leader in a few years.
I can't believe these two sisters are young womens leaders now.
I was their young womens president years ago. This makes me feel
old. Aren't they lovely all decked out in yellow? Amy's room
was about the value of Good Works which is represented by
the color - you guessed it - yellow!
So much work goes into a program like this.
The Young Women Values were the treasure that the girls
were hunting and they were given treasure maps and received
colored jewels as they went into each room that
represented a value.
The Young Women Values are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity
Virtue
I had been given the assignment to talk about the value
of Individual Worth and Personal Progress. This is
what my room looked like.
After they found all of their treasure, they were treated to some
some pretty yummy refreshments, including the cutest cake
you ever saw that was shaped like a treasure chest. Unfortunately,
I didn't get a picture before they dug into it.
Our young women are a camera shy bunch, but I was able
to snap a few shots. See what I mean?
Love these girls! They are a treasure to me.
*Goal 44 - Give 50 hours of service
No comments:
Post a Comment