This week, I had an overnight guest. My sister was working
out of town in Greenville, SC and decided to stay with me
one night. Yeah!!! I love having my sister visit. When
she arrived, I had her favorite dinner waiting. She
dearly loves my Cheese Soup. We had a nice, leisurely
dinner and as a surprise I made a raspberry cream cheese cake
for dessert. It was a hit!
Doing the dishes is a lot more fun when you have some
help. Just like the old days.
The next day I went to Greenville to meet her for dinner.
We almost always choose Italian, because we love it so.
This night we went to Carrabbas. Yum! It makes me
happy just to walk in the door and smell all the garlic
in the air. We had a lovely dinner.
Oh, and while I was in Greenville, I was very happy to find a Trader
Joe's. I always shopped at Trader Joe's in Atlanta and haven't been
able to find the oatmeal I like anywhere else. I have become a fan
of steel cut oats and these are organic and only $2.99 a box. That
is a good price. So, I stocked up.
You should have seen the cashier when I strolled up to the register with
my buggy full of oatmeal. She said, "what are you going to do
with all this oatmeal?" Now, don't you think that is a strange
question? Eat it, of course!
*Goal #12 - Nurture relationships with extended family.
Goal #18 - Work on monthly storage and preparedness goals.
It was so fun to get that time together.
ReplyDeleteThe soup and that coffee cake were amazing. I had coffee cake with my coffee on the way to Greenville and again the next morning in my hotel. What a yummy way to start the day. I'd like to get the recipe when you get time. Thanks for always making me feel at home and welcome. Love you bunches!
How sweet! I absolutely love Trader Joes. I drive almost an hour to get to one in Charlotte. It is worth it - I stock up when I go, but not as much as you do :-) I get a lot of organic produce, pizza dough, sauces, soups, frozen stuff, and their truffle brownie mix is to die for!
ReplyDelete