is going to be over. I think I'm going to hate to see it go.
Here's a few more things that were a part of my July.
As a primary presidency we decided we wanted to create a stake
primary blog. I have a great secretary who has agreed to take on the
responsibility of getting it up and running and managing it for us.
Thank you very much Anne! Like I said, she's great. She has
never created a blog before, but is willing to learn. So, we took a
day and went on a little road trip to the home of a friend who was
more than happy to give us some training. Obviously, I know a little
about blogging, but I can't do the things that Jenny knows how to do.
So I was eager to pick her brain a little myself.
Jenny is a great blogger. If you want to see how it's really done check
out her blog at mommysnark.blogspot.com . She's a talented writer who
will have her first book published soon. How exciting! She's also a busy
mom of five adorable children and it's hard to believe that she was once my
babysitter!!! She got lots of good practice with boys at my house. Now she
has three of her own and two cute little girls. I don't know how she
does it all, but she makes it look easy.
She patiently worked with us for hours, had fresh zucchini bread
made for us to snack on and for the most part did it all, with a baby
on her hip and a smile on her face. What a lady!
Thanks so much Jenny for all your help. We may be calling you again...
*MYOF Goals #15 - Improve technology skills
I've been working on that stack of reading material and have finished
these books the past few months.
*The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis - The last in the Chronicle of Narnia series.
I'm so glad I read the whole series. I loved it.
*A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George - I reread this every
year and every time I learn something new that motivates me to be a
better disciple of Christ.
*I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali - Amazing true story
about a young girl in Yemen.
*Amish Peace by Suzanne Fisher - Ideas for ways to cultivate a simple life
of love, gratitude and faith.
*Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton - I've heard so much about this author
I was eager to read this. It disappointed me at times, but I kept with
it to the end. I think I would like to try one of her other books before
I write her off.
*MYOF Goals # 9 - Read 50 books
I've made the time to exercise. (the highlighted days)
*MYOF Goals #16 - Exercise 50 minutes a day 5 days a week
More than anything else, I've been in the garden. This is the month that
I've been harvesting lots of great food. I had a couple of volunteer
plants that I didn't even plant that surprised me.
I didn't really need another tomato plant, but hey, I'll take it.
*MYOF Goal #43 - Expand my vegetable garden.
It's been pretty easy to eat less meat with all the fresh veggies
available. Here's some of the meatless dinner meals we've enjoyed.
*Veggie Enchiladas
*Spinach Salad
*Garden Meal (Green Beans, New Potatoes, Squash or Okra, Tomatoes)
*Parmesan Pasta Primavera
*Bean Burritos
*Veggie Stir Fry
*Pasta Salad
*Margarita Pizza
*MYOF Goal #10 - Eat 3 meatless dinner meals a week
I'm so glad you guys came up. :) And please do let me know if you have any more questions.
ReplyDeleteThe Forgotten Garden disappointed me too. I had the plot pretty much figured out LONG before the book was over, and found it to be very predictable. The writing in and of itself was good though, so like you, I'd like to give the author one more chance.