Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Hike

We had some nice weather this week, so I didn't want to waste any time getting started on my goal to take 50 hikes this year.  I chose a trail close to home in Dupont Forest.
I can hardly believe that I live in such a beautiful place.
Western NC is amazing!!
This hike took me to three different waterfalls.  The first was Hooker Falls.
Next was Triple Falls
And after a nice uphill jaunt that had my heart pumping, I came upon this beauty.
This is High Falls.  At the top of the falls is a covered bridge that is
especially lovely.  That bridge was designed by my husband.  Do I
sound proud of him?  I am - he's amazingly talented.
Here's another shot of the bridge.

My first hike was great and I look forward to exploring more of
the trails around my home. When I'm hiking, I think of my two sons
who are avid hikers and wish they were here with me.  Thanks to my
phone, I can send them pictures and share my adventures with them.
I am truly blessed to have natural beauties like this in my own backyard.

Anyone interested in being my hiking buddy?

*Goal #1 - Take 50 hikes

3 comments:

  1. Come hike in Stokes County with me! We live 15 minutes away from Hanging Rock State Park. Several pretty trails with breathtaking views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les, I will totally do it. I've never hiked at Hanging Rock before. I'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hike with you! Anywhere would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete