We enjoyed New Year's Day at Mom and Dad Wrays. Never turn down
an invite for a meal from a great cook.And this is what we had. The traditional New Year's meal- black eye peas,
collard greens, candied yams and cornbread. Yum! It was so good.
This is a meal that I've had to warm up to over the years, as I did not
grow up eating beans or greens. ( My mom didn't like either one) So,
my mother in law taught me how to make collard greens and now they
are one of my favorites. I even grew them in my garden this year,
with some success.
I am grateful for a wonderful mother and father in law, who are a real
blessing in my life and especially for raising
this amazing guy. I sure do love him!!
I love the pictures Liss. I'm so proud of you for doing this. I will be following... always have been our entire lives. I continue to say, when I grow up... I want to be more like Melissa.
ReplyDeleteSherri, you make me feel so loved!
ReplyDeleteYou ARE so loved!
ReplyDelete