Monday, February 13, 2012

A Cold February Day

A Daybook Journal Entry


Outside my window....cold,cold day. Oh, yeah, winter's here.
I am thinking... I am soooo tired of being sick.  A five day cold is 
completely unacceptable. I have things to do, people to see and places 
to go and I don't feel like doing any of it.
I am thankful for...a thoughtful daughter who brought me 
flowers, a foodie magazine and two bars of good chocolate when she
heard I was sick.  I did something right. :)
I am wearing...jeans and a sweater.  Fully clothed in bed,under
layers of blankets.
I am reading...Color Code (for book club-a reread),Place at the 
Table- 40 Days of Solidarity with the Poor,Abundant Simplicity,  7 - A
Experimental Mutiny Against Excess and Catching Fire (Kindle).   I've
had a lot of time to read this week.  I read, I nap, I read, I nap.
I am listening to...Old North State practicing in my basement.
I am creating...still working on the scarf.  
From the kitchen...not much has been going on in this kitchen.
did make a great pot roast in the crock pot yesterday that everyone 
loved and was super easy. I heart my crock pot. I was planning on making 
some decadent Valentine's Day dessert for tomorrow, but I'm not feeling 
it now.
I am learning...so much about bees.  Unbelievable!
I am pondering...this quote from Ann's blog.
"When you might not get any more good moments- you'd take
   even some bad.  And I'd take the ugly with the 
   beautiful because the hard stuff is the heat that 
   refines." (From her 2/6/12 post- the tears flowed when I read this one.)
 Yeah, it's the hard stuff that refines....
Around the house... everything needs to be done. Amazing how
quickly things fall apart when your sick.  
Around the farm...time to prune the fruit trees. Because of our
mild winter, we are at least three weeks ahead of a normal spring and 
the trees are going to start budding soon. I'm so afraid for the fruit trees.
Living my faith...more conferences, more training. I'm longing
for a retreat.  Time away to pour over scripture, pray,experience quiet,
walk in the woods, ask some hard questions and most importantly,
time to listen. 
I am loving...the amazing flowers that were just delivered to me 
from my husband. He's such a sweet man.
I am praying for...Celeste's mom, adult kids, help in finding 
something I've lost (it's really important!) and wellness.
A few plans for the rest of the week...enjoy my 
Valentine, catch up on housework and laundry, knitting with a friend.
A picture thought: (Jantzen did a nice job with this one)

1 comment: